Dow Corning 200 Dielectric Fluid

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:53:05 -0500

John,
         Car manufacturers have recommended dielectric grease to be used in=
=20
the ignition components of their automobiles. The grease is commonly=20
applied between the ignition module and the distributor body. It is also=20
sometimes used when putting in a new cap and rotor between the coil and the=
=20
cap on GM models. I've also seen it used at the ends of ignition wires at=20
both the cap end and the spark plug end. Seems to me you bought this for=20
organ work.

Greg Newell

At 01:46 PM 11/11/2004, you wrote:
>Hi List,
>Just tidying my shop. A never ending task.
>I came across a container of Dow Corning 200 Dielectric Fluid.
>I can't remember what I got it for.
>I used to repair electronic organs, as well as pianos. I now just do=
 pianos.
>Would this have been something I got from Wurlitzer to mix with VMP=20
>Naphtha to make a lubricant?
>I would appreciate any help in finding out what I got it for.
>The label tells me Dow Corning uses.
>Regards,
>John M. Ross
>Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada