Dow Corning 200 Dielectric Fluid

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:13:13 -0400

Thanks Greg.
This is not a grease, and I am familiar with the grease, in the tube.
This also says 1000 centistokes (cs.) viscosity. It is a liquid, like a =
thin syrup.
I got it 20-25 years ago.

John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Greg Newell=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 3:53 PM
  Subject: Re: Dow Corning 200 Dielectric Fluid

  John,
          Car manufacturers have recommended dielectric grease to be =
used in the ignition components of their automobiles. The grease is =
commonly applied between the ignition module and the distributor body. =
It is also sometimes used when putting in a new cap and rotor between =
the coil and the cap on GM models. I've also seen it used at the ends of =
ignition wires at both the cap end and the spark plug end. Seems to me =
you bought this for organ work.

  Greg Newell