A-440 and Ethics.

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:50:30 -0600

>Yes, once.  It was a Kohler & Campbell console.  The plate was obviously
>put in the frame crooked and under tremendous tension.  You can make a
>plate fit the frame with a strong enough power tool.  It was clearly
>defective.  You do remember those, however!
>
>dave

I do (shudder) remember those. Haven't seen one in forever. I wonder why.
Maybe the plates eventually broke in all of them???

I've seen a few broken plates, and declined to do the pitch raise and
tunings requested without repairs, but I haven't yet had one break while I
was working on it. Kent Swafford, as I recall, heard THE NOISE of a plate
suicide firsthand a half dozen years back, through no fault of his own. He
even posted the story to the list.

Ron N