A-440 and Ethics.

James Grebe pianoman@accessus.net
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 05:51:43 -0600

My operation on anything more than -25c is 1st trip raise pitch
re-tune in 2 weeks, then 3 months.  I put this proposal to them before I =
start and if they agree I do.  If they do not piano stays where it is.
Jim
James Grebe
Piano-Forte Tuning & Repair
Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups
(314) 608-4137
WWW.JamesGrebe.com
1526 Raspberry Lane
Arnold, MO 63010
BECOME WHAT YOU BELIEVE!
pianoman@accessus.net
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Avery Todd=20
  To: mjmccoy@usa.com ; Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 7:44 PM
  Subject: Re: A-440 and Ethics.

  Yes, except that if it's extremely flat and one doesn't do a normal =
pitch raise=20
  type tuning (pulling it appropriately sharp), you can't do a "fine =
tune" the=20
  second time. Actually, you can't do that at all on the first =
appointment, IMO!
  But yes, a third time might be necessary just to make it "reasonably" =
stable=20
  until the next appointment about 3 months or so later! Less, if =
possible!=20

  Avery=20