A-440 and Ethics.

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 08:02:30 -0500

Why? Example: piano is 150 cents flat. I would do two pitch raises, =
getting up to A440. Then I would give it a tuning. I would also explain =
to the owner that the tuning will not be as stable as a tuning on a =
typical piano that had been tuned on a regular basis. However, after a =
couple regular tunings, their piano should achieve relative stability.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: James Grebe=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 6:51 AM
  Subject: Re: A-440 and Ethics.

  My operation on anything more than -25c is 1st trip raise pitch
  re-tune in 2 weeks, then 3 months.  I put this proposal to them before =
I start and if they agree I do.  If they do not piano stays where it is.
  Jim
  James Grebe
  Piano-Forte Tuning & Repair
  Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups
  (314) 608-4137
  WWW.JamesGrebe.com
  1526 Raspberry Lane
  Arnold, MO 63010