making key bushing cauls

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:13:10 -0600

Subject: making key bushing cauls

Various cauls available for sale, but I was considering making these using
either router or table saw and some appropriate machinable plastic.
Wondered if anyone had any tips (besides the obvious - "buy them").

-Mark

I made a few sets before buying the brass cauls.  The biggest problem I
encountered was holding the stock securely enough to maintain the the
correct thickness to + or - .001"  I would like to know how you solve this
problem.  I now have a vertical milling machine (almost set up) to handle
the accuracy for this kind of project.
Paul C