A-440, ethics AND the bod

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 16:46:11 -0800

> I tell them that I have moved a mountain, and they won't even be able to =
fill
> a Caterpillar's fuel tank for the amount I charge them!!!!
> =20
> AF

Well, if you=B9re comfortable with telling that =B3funny=B2 story for the rest of
your career, and getting paid less than a plumber: your choice.

With all due and sincere respect, I think your skills are worth more than
you think they are.

Classic piano tuner/technician syndrome: giving stuff away. Undervaluing ou=
time.
Extending ourselves for people, and then bitching about their insensitivity
and lack of
consciousness.  Victim stuff.

I=B9m with Ed Foote and many other esteemed, successful pianotechs:
continually raise your prices using common sense. Continually improve your
skills.  Continually seek work with the best pianos and the best people.
Quit whining. <g>

David A.