lubricating squeaky pedals - a new twist

Piano Forte Supply pianoforte@pianofortesupply.com
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:52:32 -0800

Prepping a piano for a recital today, I noticed the sustain pedal had an
intermittent squeak/groan. This was after having pulled the lyre and
replacing a lot of compressed and worn cloth and leather.  I finally
diagnosed the sound being produced by my shoe on the pedal.  I hope the
performer's shoes have a less grippy sole, but just to make sure, I
applied some Pro-Lube onto the pedal.  Sure enough, it cut back on the
friction and the noise.  I don't expect this fix to last for long, but
it will help for a while.
Anyone else out the lubricating pedals??

Jurgen Goering
www.pianofortesupply.com