lubricating squeaky pedals - a new twist

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 02:25:02 EST

In a message dated 11/13/04 8:51:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
pianoforte@pianofortesupply.com writes:

> Prepping a piano for a recital today, I noticed the sustain pedal had an
> intermittent squeak/groan. This was after having pulled the lyre and replacing
> a lot of compressed and worn cloth and leather.  I finally diagnosed the
> sound being produced by my shoe on the pedal.  I hope the performer's shoes have
> a less grippy sole, but just to make sure, I applied some Pro-Lube onto the
> pedal.  Sure enough, it cut back on the friction and the noise.  I don't
> expect this fix to last for long, but it will help for a while.
> Anyone else out the lubricating pedals??

Jurgen,

Haven't done it yet, but my clogs often cause the pedals themselves to
squeak.  Think I'll try it next time the opportunity arises.

Dave Stahl