"should I stay or should I go?"- David Anderson

Sherry swidmer@rochester.rr.com
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:00:41 -0500

I tune at a home where there are two Brittany Spaniels.  One has always
tried to sing along with me as I tune--the other is usually quiet.  The
owners are NOT home when I tune.  I now have the owners put the "singer"
outside before they leave for work.  That has been working for the last 2
years.  Last month when I went to tune the piano the howler was outside and
I got right to it.  But somehow, over the past 6 months, the "quiet" one
must have learned to sing.  He started immediately trying to match pitch as
I moved up the keyboard.  After 5 minutes the "outside one" started singing
too.  It was really hysterical.  I finally had had enough, so I looked the
Inside dog straight in the eye and said, "STOP".  He looked back at me with
a questioning expression, stopped for about 30 seconds and then started
again.  I had to command him 3 more times and finally he went quiet for the
rest of the tuning.
       Sherry