"should I stay or should I go"

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 10:19:24 -0800

I got into this business to eliviate the stress levels that I experience =
in my former lives! (Inhalation Therapist/Trauma, Chef, Professional =
Musician...whatever!)
Personally, if I can't have reasonable quiet, while attempting to bring =
a piano up to Performance Level, then I choose to GO! Noisy situations, =
in a professional venue is just plain RUDE, on their part, IMO! (Not to =
mention stupid...after all they do make THEIR money from the excellence =
of the performers!) We are PART of the Performance. If we cannot be =
allowed to do our magic, up to the level needed, then it's time to tell =
em' to kiss off. In home situations are a whole different thing. I was =
taught to tune through just about anything, WHEN it is necessary. My =
mentor had me tune the Bass while he was tuning the Treble, during a =
pitch raise! Try that out sometime!<G> Or, tune a piano, in the hall way =
of a High School, WHILE school is in session! Yikes!<G> (My mentor was =
tuning the two pianos, in the gym, WHILE gym classes were in session!
The point is, there are times when you just have to "suck it up". I =
choose to NOT! That is my choice, as I don't want the STRESS!<G> (As I =
get older, I realize life is too damned short to put up with that sort =
of crap.)
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police