1883 Bechstein upright scale

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 10:45:49 -0800

Ron N said: "They were, and the difference between 435 and 440 will =
likely be under=20
1,000 lbs tension with a given (modern) string scale, or about 2%=20
difference, which isn't an awful lot spread out over the whole scale.

Ron,
Years ago, I calculated this and found that the difference between =
435cps and 440cps, (an olde 1900 type upright was the patient), was just =
a bit over 500 lbs added tension. Not enough to be concerned about, IMO, =
seeing as how most plates are WAAAAYYY over engineered. (Yeah, I know, =
there are exceptions.<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police