wear and tear on da nerves

Sarah Fox sarah@graphic-fusion.com
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:39:41 -0500

Hi all,

Instead of imposing penalties and invoking complicated pricing =
structures for your invoices, why don't y'all just charge by the hour?  =
Give an estimate up front, and point out that the actual fee may be =
greater or lesser, depending on how difficult the piano is, how much =
noise/distractions you have to put up with, etc.  When anyone is on the =
clock, time is of the essence.  When someone cranks up the vacuum, =
politely tell the client that you have to interrupt your tuning while =
the vacuum cleaner is running, because you can't hear the beating of the =
notes -- but that you're still on the clock.  By the time you take a =
good stretch, the vacuum cleaner should be winding down.  ;-)

Peace,
Sarah

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: antares=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 8:00 AM
  Subject: wear and tear on da nerves

  On 14-nov-04, at 6:25, David Love wrote:

    I hadn't thought of this before but next time somebody is making =
noise
    when I'm tuning the piano...k'ching...thank you that will be an =
extra
    fifty bucks for wear and tear on my nerves. Won't take long and =
they'll
    be thinking twice before they flush the damn toilet.=20

    David Love
    davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20