wear and tear on da nerves

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 05:30:02 -0800

Bad idea.  I would say that most of the time my tuning fee exceeds my
hourly rate. =20
=20
David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Sarah Fox
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 4:40 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: wear and tear on da nerves
=20
Hi all,
=20
Instead of imposing penalties and invoking complicated pricing
structures for your invoices, why don't y'all just charge by the hour?
Give an estimate up front, and point out that the actual fee may be
greater or lesser, depending on how difficult the piano is, how much
noise/distractions you have to put up with, etc.  When anyone is on the
clock, time is of the essence.  When someone cranks up the vacuum,
politely tell the client that you have to interrupt your tuning while
the vacuum cleaner is running, because you can't hear the beating of the
notes -- but that you're still on the clock.  By the time you take a
good stretch, the vacuum cleaner should be winding down.  ;-)
=20
Peace,
Sarah
=20