Front Rail Punching Interference

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 06:45:34 -0500

There's one (of many?) thing I've never understood. Exactly where are =
the two diameter front rail punchings designed to be used?

I'm finding that this action was poorly built at the factory also. After =
leveling the white keys, I installed the black keys, and found that =
several white keys were then too high. Finally figured out that those =
white keys, were also resting on the punching pile for the adjacent =
sharp (sharp center rail pin is too close to the adjacent natural). Is =
the only easy/quick solution to this to trim the punchings? Will they =
stay in place (not rotate)?

Terry Farrell

I'm getting in on this thread a bit late. I'm wondering if the Toooner, =
who "rebuilt" that sucker, put 7/8" punchings in, instead of the usual =
3/4"?
  Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
  Captain, Tool Police
  Squares R I