Motorized hammer filing suggestion

Jim Kinnear jim@pianoguy.com
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:14:36 -0500

Just a suggestion . . I use the dremel with the flexible extension shaft,
( about $35 ) and a small, fine drum . .

The flex shaft ends in a 8" long pen-like attachment that will actually
follow the contour of the hammers next to it . .  mine is the original
metal, but the new ones have a padded holder. The motor is suspended above
the action to the right, and a vacuum hose hangs down from the left, taking
away the flurry of felt powder that  tries to find my eyes and nose. Slick
as sliced bread !!

It does take a bit of practice, and a lot of attention but does a great job.
( why else would have god invented electricity . .)

Jim Kinnear
www.pianoguy.com

>> left-handed, the angle
>> of
>> > the hammers forces the body of the Dremel tool
>> into the dampers or other
>> > hammers.
>> >     Same problem in the treble, but the angle is
>> the opposite direction.
>> If
>> > you hold it with your right hand, the body of the
>> tool is forced into the

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg