Over-Damper Uprights and Square Grand Bashing!!!

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:40:06 -0800

If you have a barrel of 1,000 apples, and 2 are rotten (birds/squares) and
someone offers to pay you to eat them, I would pass every time in favor of
the 998 palatable one remaining, even if they offered to pay me twice as
much as the going price for the "good" apples. That's my choice; I know
SOMEBODY will probably take the offer, and that's ok by me.

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: Conrad Hoffsommer <hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: Over-Damper Uprights and Square Grand Bashing!!!
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 06:38:07 -0600

At 06:17 11/16/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Depends on one's value system.
>
>Terry Farrell
>

> > 99% of those pso's aren't worth the expense to fix them.
> >
> > Terry Peterson

Any piano is a good piano if the owner is willing to pay you to work on it.
The money I got from tuning that old Schulz yesterday will spend just as
well as the money I get from regulating a $&$ grand tomorrow...

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated Lever
Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder