Polishing bass strings

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:10:48 -0500

Is this a joke? Shirley, you jest.....

Ok, just in case, let's get serious...... new strings?

Who are you ...... or maybe I know why you didn't sign your name!

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: FIXPIANOS@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 6:53 PM
  Subject: Polishing bass strings

  Scotch-Brite pads work well to remove major tarnish from bass strings, =
but they scratch the copper.  So, how can you make them shiny again?  =
Obviously I don't want to use a liquid like Brasso or Tarn-X or anything =
that will leave a residue.  Are there any polishing cloths that will do =
the trick.

  Any thoughts or suggestions?