Polishing bass strings

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:58:49 -0500

Hi Terry,

He/she does not jest, and don't call him/her Shirley!

Actually, I don't think it is an unreasonable question for someone who=20=

hasn't explored the idea before. I have a vague memory of reading=20
something somewhere where it talked about soaking the strings in some=20
custom solution, but it made the point of saying it doesn't affect the=20=

tone really - which is the only real issue I think. If a bass string is=20=

terribly tarnished (for the common reason of aging) its tone is likely=20=

to be affected so a replacement would be beneficial.

Not to mentioned the work involved in cleaning them would probably be=20
more work than replacing them.

- John

> Is this a joke? Shirley, you jest.....
> =A0
> Ok, just in case, let's get serious...... new strings?
> =A0
> Who are you ...... or maybe I know why you didn't sign your name!
> =A0
> Terry Farrell

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available