Polishing bass strings

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:08:08 -0500

How do you know they don't jest, and how do you know that Shirley did =
not post?

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Bec and John=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 7:58 PM
  Subject: Re: Polishing bass strings

  Hi Terry,

  He/she does not jest, and don't call him/her Shirley!

  Actually, I don't think it is an unreasonable question for someone who =
hasn't explored the idea before. I have a vague memory of reading =
something somewhere where it talked about soaking the strings in some =
custom solution, but it made the point of saying it doesn't affect the =
tone really - which is the only real issue I think. If a bass string is =
terribly tarnished (for the common reason of aging) its tone is likely =
to be affected so a replacement would be beneficial.

  Not to mentioned the work involved in cleaning them would probably be =
more work than replacing them.

  - John

    Is this a joke? Shirley, you jest.....
    =20
    Ok, just in case, let's get serious...... new strings?
    =20
    Who are you ...... or maybe I know why you didn't sign your name!
    =20
    Terry Farrell