CA in a hurry

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:18:31 -0500

Be veerrry careful, but it can be done. I would recommend having Q-tips
handy. If you put on too much and the glue runs down the plate you need to
mop it up before it runs down the strings onto the dampers. DAMHIK

If you only have one or two that are bad they are also good candidates for
removing the pin so you can squirt CA down into the hole. Reinstall the pin
and bring up the tension. If it doesn’t hold right away give it a few
minutes. Tune the rest of the piano and then come back to check it.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Joe And Penny Goss
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 11:23 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: CA in a hurry

Hi Richard,
Very carefully, <G>
It is really quite easy with a micro fine needle inject into the top of the
bushing/tuning pin. By top I mean skyward. Let the needle go into the hole
if it will. Gently inject slowly. You want to let the CA go  in as far as it
can. This is different than doing the whole piano or section as you need to
think of it as a one step process more than what I have indicated before.
Tune or move the pin to judge the results and then you can try to add more
CA.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com <mailto:imatunr@srvinet.com>