Aluminum action brackets

Britt West brittsam@charter.net
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:13:24 -0500

      I posted several months ago about finding some action brackets for
a J & C Fischer grand that had the pot metal expanding brackets.  I
decided to take the least deformed one to a machine shop for
duplication.  The machinist said that it would lower my cost
considerably if he could make them out of aluminum as it is easier to
cut.  Is aluminum stable enough?  Many modern brackets seem to be a
lightweight alloy of some kind.  He is going to call me back on Friday
11/18/04 and let me know about the price and if he can make them.  I
will run a trial set to make sure the dimensions are correct and then
he will have it programed into his computer.  In theory I could have
sets made up as needed.  If anyone is interested in getting some let me
know.

     Britt West