Steinway legs

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:42:26 -0800

I've got a university piano, S&S O, c 1910 and the rear leg has
disappeared.  Don't ask.  Apparently it was broken while someone in a
drunken stupor tried to roll the piano across the carpet and in their
embarrassment, they threw out the leg!!!  Better than the piano, I
guess.  So I have to replace it.  Question is, is it likely that the
plate of a replacement will match the plate of the original, not to
mention the height, thickness, screw hole position or anything else that
might cause me to have to do more than just put it on.  (Stanford, no
less, and I thought these people were supposed to be bright)