How long it really takes CA to cure.....

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:41:16 -0800 (PST)

Well, what about that FIRST time you see the CA come
through the block ( as I have frequently )? I promise
that it will be very depressing.
     I must recommend ALWAYS puling the action, but
it's your choice. Please be aware, though, that in the
enclosed space behind the plate CA CAN take up to 2
days to solidify! How do I know? I treated an upright
at a church and went away. 2 days later I came back
and righted the piano, and the stuff oozed out and
down some strings onto the bridges. What a mess!