Howard Grand identification

Thu, 18 Nov 2004 05:40:46 -0600

Al,

At 21:35 11/17/2004 -0800, you wrote:
>Did Baldwin actually make the Howard and the Monarch?

Yes, Virginia, there is a S.....  oops, wrong letter

Yes, Baldwin used to make the beasties, by themselves, in this
country.  Not recently, however.  Pierce says Kawai started making Howards
in '66. Regular serial numbers go through '68. Samick made them after Kawai.

I don't have my scorecard in front of me to know who is currently making
what for whom and where.

Here's a picture of the Monarch I've got in my room.

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: THE_HAND.JPG
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 67869 bytes
Desc: not available

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder