Good book on voicing...?

antares antares@euronet.nl
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:41:45 +0100

On 19-nov-04, at 8:11, Piannaman@aol.com wrote:

> List,
>
> What I'd really like for Christmas is a good book or video on voicing.=20=

> =A0=A0=A0I feel am getting the hang of it, and have come up with some =
good=20
> results, but I tend to be timid about over-puncturing hammers. =A0And=20=

> I'd certainly like to see a demo of battery voicing before I bludgeon=20=

> someone's nice, new grand piano with sharp objects. =A0Diagrams and=20
> graphic illustrations would be good: =A0where to stick needles, angle =
of=20
> travel, depth of insertion, and for what effect, etc. =A0Of particular=20=

> interest to me would be "voicing up." =A0
>
> The recent thread about fine-grit hammer sanding had some interesting=20=

> contributions.
>
>  Does anyone on this list know of a comprehensive text on this topic?=20=

> =A0I'm looking forward to the publishing of Andre's book....:-) =A0I'm =
on=20
> pins and needles (sorry, couldn't resist) awaiting an autographed=20
> copy. =A0
>
> Just thought I'd inquire,
>
> Dave Stahl

I am writing lake mad, Dave.
I hope to finish it early next year but I have to find a publisher.
It is much more work than I ever imagined but at the same time it is=20
fun. No, it is a lot of fun, and I hope that y'all will be able to read=20=

about that which has taken most of my life to learn.
At one time, I very much would like to do a seminar in the US about the=20=

things I learned, the more so because the US is always my most favorite=20=

place on ze Earth.
I'll work harder than ever and will try to make it happen as soon as=20
possible.

This coming Sunday I'll be away for some weeks to Vietnam, just for=20
vacation.
So no pianna's... but as soon as I'm back I'll be bent over ma=20
compooter to finish da job.
It'l be a nice book with lots a pics and as clear as mud  can be (:

EAR

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek