irate neighbor

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:02:48 -0800

While tuning a customers's piano this morning (she lives in an apartment
with common walls), I started hearing what seemed to be an upstairs neighbor
"knocking" on the wall, which i assumed was his way of asking me to stop the
"noise". Well, since i wasn't sure I continued, only to hear the knocks get
louder and more frequent, then the stereo volume went way up! I was now
pretty certain that someone was not happy with hearing the piano being tuned
(I'm a pounder). So at this point I called out to my customer who was in
another room, and when she came out I told her what was happening. Almost
without hesitation, she said that the guy upstairs is "always" complaining
about even the slightest noise, and that I shouldn't worry about it. She
told me that about a week ago he started screaming obcentities at another
neighbor because his dog barked a couple times. I asked the customer if she
had complained to the apartment manager about this guy. She said, "He IS the
manager!" Now that's a new one on me! Before I left she told me that she had
written a letter to the owner of the complex about his behaviour, and that
he won't be there much longer.

Terry Peterson