Wound Trichords

Lesher, Trent J. tlesher@sachnoff.com
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:19:08 -0600

Terry, Alan, List:

Okay, since nobody's asked yet, I will.  Why are they an abomination?  I had actually been thinking one way to improve the tone of the last couple notes at the low end of the long bridge on my M&H 50 -- C#3, the lowest before the break, is 38-3/4" long -- would be to replace the plain wires with wound ones.  Now it seems maybe I am full of misconceptions and this is a bad idea -- but why?

Thanks for any illumination,

Best regards,

Trent Lesher
	-----Original Message-----
	From: Alan Forsyth [mailto:alanforsyth@fortune4.fsnet.co.uk]
	Sent: Fri 11/19/2004 7:14 PM
	To: Pianotech
	Subject: Wound Trichords

	Yes, they are an abomination!!!!

	AF
		----- Original Message -----
		From: Farrell <mailto:mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
		To: Pianotech <mailto:pianotech@ptg.org>
		Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 11:24 PM
		Subject: Re: Steinway Damper sytem upgrade

		Help stamp out would tricords!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

		Terry Farrell

			No, but I’m thinking of going that route.  They also make trichord felt with a thin point for wound trichords.  The problem from them has been the flat dampers.  I don’t like cutting the flats and it’s nice when you can buy flats with the trichords such that the thickness of the flats coordinates with the thickness of the trichords for those dampers that require a combination.

			David Love
			davidlovepianos@comcast.net

****** IMPORTANT NOTICE ******
This e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is intended only for use by the
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me
at (312) 207-1000 and permanently delete the original and any copy of any
e-mail and any printout thereof.