Mysterious Buzzing

D.L. Bullock dlbullock@att.net
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 00:17:56 -0600

Look for large pieces of sawdust or trash resting in the V shaped space between strings and bridge cutaway.  Examine that top row of bridge pins on that note and others around it.

D.L. Bullock    St. Louis
www.thepianoworld.com

Put the worlds greatest healer to work for WHATEVER health problem you may have----YOUR OWN IMMUNE SYSTEM.  Your body is capable of healing EVERY disease if you give it the right fuel.  Visit  http://www.mannapages.com/dlbullock to learn how to get the right fuel.  Also www.glycoscience.org <http://www.glycoscience.org/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick C. Poulson [mailto:pcpoulso@pacbell.net]
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2004 2:25 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Mysterious Buzzing

Hello All: I need some help in tracing down a buzz in a Vose upright piano.
The buzz in question shows up while playing F5, whichi is two notes down
from the strut. I have done all the usual tests and corrections that I
usuall rely on, such as looking for cracks in the sound board, pressing on
ribs in search of loose glue joints, reseating the strings, smoothing down
the V-bar, cleaning up the notching, and cursing under my breath. We also
vacuumed out the cabinet inside and out. Any ideas? Thanks,
Patrick C. Poulson
Registered Piano Technician
Piano Technicians Guild