keyboard levelling

Quentin Codevelle quentin.codevelle@tiscali.fr
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:12:37 +0100

Hi everybody,

I wonder what kind of device you use for levelling keys.
I use the aluminium yamaha straight edge which is very handy and =
practical.
But I've noticed that it is not as straight as it was when new.
It has warped a little since I bought it.
So I'm considering in buying a new one.

Or is there a way to accurately make one that will harldy warp or loose =
its "straightness"?

A guy I know who went to the Yamaha Academy in Japan told me that they =
were selling another type of straight edge there.
It consists of a wooden core, and two plexiglas bars glued to the wooden =
core (making sort of a "wood & plexi" sandwich).
And then it is calibrated with a machine so it is straight.

Maybe there is a way to build the same edge with good accuracy.

Thanks,

Quentin