keyboard levelling

Alpha88x@aol.com Alpha88x@aol.com
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:44:34 EST

In a message dated 11/21/2004 11:28:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
quentin.codevelle@tiscali.fr writes:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I wonder what kind of device you use for levelling keys.
>  I use the aluminium yamaha straight edge which is very handy and practical.
>  But I've noticed that it is not as straight as it was when new.
>  It has warped a little since I bought it.
>  So I'm considering in buying a new one.

Greetings,

         I went to Lowe's and bought a 1"x 1/8" x 12'-0" piece of aluminum
bar stock and cut it to length and have 2 levelers. I covered one side/edge in
masking tape so keytops would not be scratched or get those aluminum marks on
them.

Julia
Reading. PA