Cleaning oily tuning pins

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:40:02 -0800 (PST)

I'd put the oily tuning pins in a gallon paint can
with lacquer thinner in it, and let them soak a bit,
then sosh around.
Then I'd spread them out on paper in the sun. Wear a
carbon-filter mask whenever using solvents. Your liver
will thank you!
     Thump

P.S. The best way to get rid of old solvents is to
spill them out onto a  giant piece of cardboard
( like can be had from the backs of furniture stores )
and then let it evaporate off. This is the method the
EPA recommended to me, if I don't have a  quantity
that warrants driving to the HAZMAT dump.
( and probably less problematic, too! )