broken agraffe

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:23:29 -0800

I'ver been reviewing the ptg archives regarding the bst way to remove
agraffes that have broken fluch with the plate. i'm trying to determine
which is best; using a reverse thread drill bit, or using a standard bit to
to drll a pilot hole for the ez-out. Another method that i heard about was
to dig a slot across the broken agraffe, then "unscrew' it with a slot blade
screwdriver. Hmmm, sounds like it might work. Also, will I need any special
type of drill bit to penetrate the brass, like diamond tip, or? And what
about center punching the agraffe so the drill bit won't "wander"? Will a
sharpened awl do the trick? Love to get ideas. thanks!

Terry Peterson