Bi-Chords.....

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:30:16 EST

Hey Fast Joe
  True enough in general except that this bass string maker also does
scaling for his own rebuilds. That doesn't say if the scaling  program used  is
accurate or has a tension bias  toward conservative tension numbers.
    Also this a S&S B being discussed & the warts  are pretty common
knowledge right? My guess is someone with experience on  list could chime in about the
tensions involving plain wire verses BI-chord  wrapped or tri-wrapped string
& how the various tensions blend  into the plain scale. Sounds like an
invitiation huh? Whos got a string length  handy?
   Dale

Dale said,
I was told by my bass string maker that this spot on both pianos is   too
long for bichords"

Dale,
And, of course, these bass string makers are  manufacturers, Scale Designers
& Rebuilders? B.S. Unless they are in  direct contact with each piano of
question, they ought to keep that stuff to  themselves, IMO! Of course, there are a
few string makers that have fullfilled  the criteria and can give good
advice, but each piano is an entity unto  itself, warts and all. The correction of
warts is what most of us do.  Sheesh!
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool  Police
Squares R I