jack slides out before delivering power

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 23:55:51 EST

In a message dated 11/23/04 12:29:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sarah@graphic-fusion.com writes:

> I wasn't sure of the description myself, but I know *my* 60's vintage
> Hamilton has this problem of jacks sometimes not fully resetting on slow release.

Sarah,

I worked on a piano that had the same problem, and itresulted in a clicking
sound because the jacks didn't pull far enough away from the butts--made of
corfam--and would slap butt(?) on the rebound after a hard strike.

The solution was to increase keydip/aftertouch.  Fortunately, that piano had
no problems with pinning.

Dave Stahl