Rubber Nuts Replacement on Spinet

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:28:12 -0500

Looked at a 1962 Wurly spinet today with the rubber nuts on the key =
ends. Of course, the rubber was hard and brittle. However, in this case, =
the rubber seemed to also be fused to both the metal fork thing on the =
key end as well as the threaded rod that goes to the wippen. I've =
replaced sets of rubber nuts before, but only when they came off =
reasonably easy. This appears to me to have the potential to be a time =
consuming nightmare of a job where each fork and each threaded rod would =
require quite a bit of tedious cleaning of hard rubber before installing =
and adjusting the new nuts.

Anyone with experience with this situation have any advice? Thanks.

Terry Farrell