starting the business

Tvak@aol.com Tvak@aol.com
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 18:22:48 EST

In a message dated 11/26/04 11:59:23 AM, mcbeach@earthlink.net writes:

>=20
> does anyone have any comments or ideas on the best way to ' get the busine=
ss=20
> going '??
>=20
>=20
>=20

Location. Location.=A0 Location.=A0

Live as far away from any other tuners as you can.=A0 Not that they don't ma=
ke=20
good neighbors...it's just that there are a finite number of pianos in any=20
given area.=A0=A0 It's that tuner/piano ratio that will make all the differe=
nce.=A0=20
(Take my advice on this!)

I just met a guy at the North Carolina PTG Regional Conference.=A0 He is the=
=20
only tuner in his city in Alabama.=A0 He has a waiting list 6 months long.=
=A0 (Maybe=20
I should move there...the two of us would each have a 3 month waiting list!)=
=A0=20
The funny thing was, I met him while attending a class on successful busines=
s=20
practices which help your business grow!  =20

As long as we're on the subject....has anyone else experienced a drop off in=
=20
their business this year?

Tom Sivak
Chicago Suburbs