starting the business

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos@earthlink.net
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:05:16 -0800

Good advice!! Yes,I had noticed a slide drop in business this year.. but,maybe it's my stupidity??? I had succesfullt planted 3 collegues,whom I helped to start and then trained totally free of charge in the past and just recently.I had written a long list of free advices to  the collegue,just starting in San Diego area,but he had a Spamblocker and my message didn't get to him..WE should talk more about it..I did emphsize the importance of belonging and contributing to ptg and bunch of other stuff.Enjoy your weekend.

To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 11/27/04 3:22:48 PM
Subject: re: starting the business

In a message dated 11/26/04 11:59:23 AM, mcbeach@earthlink.net writes:

does anyone have any comments or ideas on the best way to ' get the business going '??

Location. Location.  Location.

Live as far away from any other tuners as you can.  Not that they don't make good neighbors...it's just that there are a finite number of pianos in any given area.   It's that tuner/piano ratio that will make all the difference.  (Take my advice on this!)

I just met a guy at the North Carolina PTG Regional Conference.  He is the only tuner in his city in Alabama.  He has a waiting list 6 months long.  (Maybe I should move there...the two of us would each have a 3 month waiting list!)  The funny thing was, I met him while attending a class on successful business practices which help your business grow!

As long as we're on the subject....has anyone else experienced a drop off in their business this year?

Tom Sivak
Chicago Suburbs