Mathuscheck Cocked Hat Grand Pianos!

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 15:34:04 -0800

Conrad asked: "I've got a couple pictures of a Chickering cocked hat at =
the Smithsonian=20
(125/159k), but isn't the Mathusek earlier?"

Conrad,
Not knowing the age of the Chickering would make that a bit difficult to =
say.<G> However, this piano's # is 1272 which is pre-1865, where the =
numbers start in the Atas @#1500. I wish Jack would jump in here.<G> =
Jack! You Out There?!!!
Hmmm? It seems we all have our spellings of Mathushek. (Including =
me!<G>)
Would you mind posting the picture(s) you have, so some of the younger =
types know what the hell we're talking about?
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I