My old way of removing keybushings..... (Modified by KentSwafford)

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:20:06 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "JAMES DALLY" <jdally@ecr.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 10:07 PM
Subject: Re: My old way of removing keybushings..... (Modified by
KentSwafford)

> Interesting but how is the prior bushing removed while the next is being
> steamed?  Thanks

Oops, I guess I could have found a better way to put it.

Steam number 1, take it off the set-up and place the key number 2 on, take
out the bushing out of key number 1.  Pick up number 2 off the set-up, place
number 3 on, remove the bushing from number 2, etc.

In other words, while you are removing the bushing, the next key is steaming
and by the time you are done removing the bushing (and perhaps putting in a
mortise sizing caul) the "steaming" key is ready to have its bushing
removed.

Barbara Richmond