My old way of removing keybushings

Tue, 30 Nov 2004 07:26:20 -0600

At 08:12 11/30/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>BTW, the steam also does a nice little bit of sizing on the balance hole.
>
>Dean
>Dean May

I use an old Poly Hot Pot and use the steam coming out the spout and, like
Dean, appreciate the steam sizing the hole.

I don't use a fancy setup like Barb. (too cheap)  I just sit straddling a
big trash can where I flick the old bushings with my dental pick, but I
also have an old bath towel draped double over my knee.

That same steam which loosens the hide glue so well also softens the gunk
on the keytops.  All I have to do is wipe them clean on the towel. (top and
sides)  I do have to frequently reposition the towel to get to a dry and
clean part. It's absolutely amazing how black you can turn a white towel...

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

-The only substitute for bad manners is good reflexes.