Old Knabe Backaction

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 20:19:50 -0400

Rebuilding an old (1900) Knabe grand backaction. The darn flanges are =
glued and screwed to the rail! I was surprised to find no sandpaper on =
the rail. I'll be doing some repining, etc. Regarding the flanges glued =
to the rail, what have folks found to be a good procedure to get this =
situation back up to snuff?

Also, what amount of friction is recommended for the backaction flanges =
and the thingee that has the sostenuto activator thingee on it (what are =
the proper terms...?).

Thanks.

Terry Farrell