DC behind fallboard!

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Sun, 3 Oct 2004 13:22:02 -0500

I service a piano that belongs to the Army. It had previously resided in
Alabama and had a DC bar installed as you describe. I'm guessing that some
tech down there in the land of long steamy summers was coping with sticking
action parts, not tuning stability. I replaced it with a full DC install. I
didn't find any action problems but, then again, most institutional pianos
with DC's installed usually get permanently unplugged after awhile, anyway.
Or so it has been my experience.

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianolover 88 [mailto:pianolover88@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2004 12:02 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: DC behind fallboard!

Started servicing a church piano; Baldwin grand with 48-25A dehumidifier
installed BEHIND fallboard and only 1/8" from jack toes.  No other DC or
Humidistat to be found. I will be relocating the 48-25A to the underside of
the piano, then adding another shorter DC and humidistat. Never saw this
type of installation before; has anyone else? My opinion is that it is NOT a

good place to put it, especially without a humidistat...right?

Terry Peterson

---