ethics question

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Mon, 04 Oct 2004 16:34:17

Hi Rick,

Yes, it has happened to me.

It hurts when a relationship ends. My advice to you is to say *nothing*.
The clients are free to use whomever they wish.

Do you offer a "finders fee" to teachers for referring clients to you?

Does the other tech offer a significantly different price that you?

Your phone conversation with the client is almost guaranteed to lose that
account. A better response might have been. "May I contact you next year to
arrange a service call?"

How many clients are you likely to loose from this "teacher"? The more fuss
that is made the more your reputation will be besmirched.

At 07:32 PM 04/10/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>OK guys , here's the deal.

>A piano teacher I tuned for years ago, stopped using me for reasons unknown,
>and started using a competitor.  He then started telling clients who were
mine
>originally and referred to him for teaching, to use the other tuner.

>Last night I lost another one. The woman said," Oh we just had it tuned.Our
>teacher suggested someone else. But if it doesn't sound good later we'll
call
>you".

>Has this ever happened to you guys and what if anything can I do about it and
> still be ethical. I deal with about fifteen or more teachers now but I'm
>really starting to get steamed.

>Thanks,

>Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano

Regards,