OT Windows XP SP2

Hechler Family dahechler@charter.net
Tue, 05 Oct 2004 09:13:46 -0500

Cy Shuster wrote:

> Yes, Blue Mountain is a well-known case; that was years ago.  What
> does that have to do with SP2?

You will never know what hidden hooks MS has put in.

> And why would ordering the CD be different from online?

Your running the SP from the CD instead of online - again what hidden
hooks MS has put in ?

> Have you seen data uploaded to MS (I'm no fan of theirs, particularly,
> either)?

My Linux email discussion group has found some instances of uploading

> Windows Update checks your PC's config, but doesn't upload it to MS...

Not that you are aware of ? Without a network monitor, you will never know

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Organ, Pump Organ