Steinway factory whippens

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 11:06:20 EDT

Barbara Richmond asked about this last week & since then  I've been in the
process of traveling several sets in the shop with difficulty.  I returned a set
this week they were bad enough that 90% needed travel paper. I  recieved a
set back & they were as bad. This is disapponting & a waste  of timeto  mount &
then remove parts ughh
  It's not just that problem but also the rep lever being pinned in a  non
perendicular fashion to the whippen body. Upon removing the defective  set from
the rails I put on a set of Renner USA parts . My Son only  traveled 3
Whippens in the bass & completed traveling the rest in about an  hour. Ther were'n
treally many to do. He's slow & new to this job but  the visual difference of
looking at straight parts  right after  looking at the others was quite dramatic.
  I like the factory parts when they are right but right now they need  a
process that can drill straight holes & sumpin is askew.
  Fortunately Renner USA has repaired the formely funky & non  original jack
angle I objected to & the new parts fit very well.
  Just thought update this

   Dale Erwin