SW/parts question

Sun, 10 Oct 2004 19:23:33 +0100

The basic idea of more to less shank mass / stiffness is not unusual.
Tho there are several different ways this has been accomplished through
the years. Pretty common today is the use of so-called hex shanks... not
so hex mind you.. but just so. These are often either 2 sizes or 3
dependant on the piano. I like to use three for most situations. Doesnt
cost any more and makes a smooth transition to the thin ones in the treble.

Cheers
RicB