another dampp-chaser thought/question

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:17:07 -0400

Hi,

I did my first dampp-chaser installation on Sat. I noticed today that
the piano's unisons were more off-tune compared to Sat. than they were
on Sat. compared to when I tuned it 1-1/2 months ago. Looks like it's
doing something :)

In any case, I was a bit uncertain about something. The instructions
said to do an under-the-beams installation if there wasn't enough
clearance for the humidifier baffle. But it didn't say what enough
clearance was, so I presumed this meant "if it doesn't fit". There is
between 1/4"-1/8" clearance above the baffle. Is this enough?

I was also curious if anyone was willing to post a picture of their
techniques to hide the extra cords.

Thanks.

- John Silva, P.T. sans R