Soundboard Installation - Clamping

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:02:15 -0700 (PDT)

I have never put in a board, but, for the cutoff bar,
how about a  plank clamped across the top of the
piano, with some sort of spreaders beneath: Little
machinists's jacks, a pinblock support jack with
shorter bolts, tiny turnbuckles with hex bolts in the
ends... OR, threaded inserts driven into holes drilled
in the plank above the clamping area, with bolts
through them pushing on a caul.

     Thump