More Baldwin

lgulli2586 lgulli2586@rogers.com
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:41:42 -0400

Hi again....

Can't imagine one can expect much stability from a piano in a church up =
=3D
north without any humidity control. But I suppose you are suggesting =3D
that it is significantly less stable that other pianos at other =3D
churches? Tell us more. How much does pitch range? Does it go up and =3D
down, or only down? Does it change evenly across the scale? Does it stay =
=3D
near pitch, but individual strings go off one way or another? How much? =
=3D
Do the strings seem to render easily? Do the tuning pins have 500+ =3D
inch-pounds of arm-fracturing, wrench-bending, tip-breaking, =3D
bench-busting torque?

Pins are good and tight...renders easy...across the scale it goes sharp =
consistantly towards middle octaves and then all the way to the =
top....unisons are normal...chords fiarly normal...it just seems like =
somebody pulled the whole piano higer in pitch, even though I tuned it =
to 440.[with SAT]
They have another piano in another part of the church...an old Canadian =
made upright...every two years it gets tuned...does not have the same =
problem.
Strangley enough the minister commented they might have to replace the =
piano. Even after I suggested the much less expensive Damp Chaser. Yes =
the church is inconsistant with its air/heat system and control. I just =
thought it might be this piano. Its by far the worst of all in similar =
situations.
Thanks all!!

Richard....Canadian eh !